Alexx Bollen joins Erik at Ruse Brewery for a discussion about microdosing hallucinogens to treat depression, podcasting in Portland, books, and chaos magic. Alexx is the host of the Alexxcast, the only Alexx-themed podcast in the universe. He is also the author of Periphery and several collections of short stories.
This episode was recorded in two parts at Ruse Brewing, which was busy, so there’s some crowd noise. Ruse Brewing is brand new and had only been open about a week at the time of recording.
Erik and Alexx make their way through a whole taster tray full of beers! Here is a list so you can follow along.
- Translator IPA
- Keller Pils (collab. with Allegory Brewing)
- Turquoise Mountain Sunrise pineapple farmhouse ale
- Briar Run raspberry & blackberry farmhouse ale
- Mechanical Mind west coast-style double IPA
- Grizzly Menace Rum and Chocolate rum barrel-aged robust porter
- The Alexxcast podcast
- Alexx’s author page on Amazon.com
- Periphery – Alexx’s novel, which is really good and you should read it
- Ruse Brewing
“BMO is the greatest character ever made.”