Bad Lessons in Great Magic
In this episode, we start talking about the limits of our occult knowledge, beginning with how little we know about Kabbalah!
Matt’s wine was some random red wine from a Bota box. I probably should have listened more closely while taking these notes.
Erik’s beer was the Petit Classique from The Commons Brewery.
People and Organizations
- The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed ben Clifford by Lon Milo DuQuette
- Mystical Qabalah by Dion Fortune
- Qabalistic Concepts: Living the Tree by William Grey
- Anything on the history of Kabbalah by Gershom Scholem
- Sefer Yetzirah trans. by Aryeh Kaplan
- Pritzker Edition of the Zohar
- The Kabbalah Unveiled by S. MacGregor Mathers
- The Book of Abramelin: a New Translation by Abraham von Worms and Georg Dehn
- The Middle Pillar by Israel Regardie
- 777 and Other Qabalistic Writings by Aleister Crowley
- Autonomous sensory meridian response (AMSR)
- The middle pillar ritual
Note that Erik continues an important tradition by mispronouncing words in other languages. The Tree of Life image was created by Alan James Garner and downloaded from this page.
You have a fan! Hi! : D I’m sipping coconut la croix and have The Chicken Qabalah in my bag. Beer later.
Hi Heather! We are, of course, delighted to have you.
I’m very impressed by all the blinds you have so cunningly placed within this podcast!